Hilton Chicago offers complimentary standard WiFi in our lobby and restaurants.
Guest Room WiFi Services
For overnight guests, the following guest room WiFi packages are available. With the purchase of any of the two rates you can connect up to 3 devices.
- Standard HSIA 2MB up/down – $12.95 – 24 hours
- Premium HSIA 6 MB u/down – $18.95 – 24 hours
Group Meeting WiFi Services
Hilton Chicago offers a customizable HSIA solution. Guests and event attendees have the ability to connect to our networks wirelessly or via Ethernet cable.
Internet is crucial to business and productivity, our HSIA solution is focused on providing reliable and fast services. We challenged our ISP to create an infrastructure that delivers the versatility, high-capacity, and security that is demanded by our WLAN customers.
The Hilton Chicago is one of very few hotels in Chicago to feature 2 internet circuits. At the Hilton Chicago we have a 250-MB circuit in the guest rooms and a 500-MB circuit in the meeting space and exhibit halls – providing us with the strongest internet infrastructure for meeting and conventions facilities in the Chicagoland area. This setup we can ensure that optimal bandwidth is provided within each of our guest rooms and within our conference space.
The majority of our technology conferences are based on the following core capabilities.
- We use Fiber for the backbone and main pipe for our 500-MB circuit.
- CAT5 is used from our data switches to our wall ports.
- We have the ability to bandwidth throttle in accordance to your internet access needs and requirements.
- The Hotel infrastructure is supported by Stay Connected and powered by AT&T.
- The Communications Department has representatives onsite 7 days week from 6AM-11PM to assist with any HSIA requirements for your meeting or convention.
- In addition to this support, the hotel also has a 24-hour support line that can be dialed from any guest room phone and a live tech is always available to assist.
- The Hilton Chicago uses enterprise-class hardware that handles a high volume of data transmission and usage – Meraki MR24 is set throughout our space.
- The Hilton Chicago also uses Apple Airport Extremes for simultaneous dual-band support (802.11n) so that WIFI devices can use either 2.4GHz or the higher-speed 5GHz band for optimal performance and best possible range.
Public v. Private IP’s:
- All of our IPs are 2 Class C’s in our meeting space.
- We have 320 public addresses that we can allocate for VPN users and an additional 4520 private ip addresses to allocate for non-VPN users.
- Devices will be required to authenticate via a username/password.